How to Apply
If you are interested in the ARMC/Kaiser General Surgery Residency Program, we participate in the NRMP, the National Residency Match Program. We offer 4 positions each year. Applicants are required to apply through ERAS, the Electronic Residency Application System. Requirements include the following:
You must have:
1. Graduated medical school within the last five years.
2. Minimum score varies depending on applicant pool, generally > 210
3. ERAS application including:
a. Personal statement
c. Medical school transcript
d. Dean’s letter
e. Three letters of reference
In addition to the above materials, graduates from International Medical Schools need to also include:
1. A currently valid certificate from the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction
2. California Medical Board Status Evaluation Letter stating adequate education (PTAL letter) – Applicants must furnish PTAL letter by the date the program must submit rank list (generally mid-February).
Applicants will be invited for interviews in October, November and December.
Visa Information – We do not sponsor any visas.
Arrowhead Regional Med Center/Kaiser (Fontana) General Surgery Residency
Phone: 9095803362; FAX: 909-427-7602
Administrative Assistant Kaiser Fontana
For more hospital information, visit: arrowheadmedcenter.org
Resident Compensation and Benefits 2017-2018
*Receipt(s) required for reimbursement. Reimbursement dependent upon meeting educational requirements.
Discounted meals, lab coats/scrubs and call rooms are provided.
Annual Medical/Dental Insurance Benefits – Years I – V
Residents receive the Medical Premium Subside (MPS) to offset some of the cost of health plan premiums charged to residents. The MPS amounts are as follows:
Up to $182.58 per pay period for “employee only” coverage
Up to $302.80 per pay period for “employee +1” coverage
Up to $427.84 per pay period for “employee +2” coverage
There is also a dental premium subsidy of $9.46 per pay period.
Complete information regarding medical benefits and plan choices are available on the County of San Bernardino website at http://www.sbcounty.gov/hr/benefits_info.aspx
ARMC-Kaiser General Surgery Residency
400 N. Pepper Avenue
Colton, CA 92324
HOW TO APPLY
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Copyright © 2017 ARMC-Kaiser General Surgery Residency. All Rights Reserved